Retweet Me

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

There are two ways of looking at it - it's been a bit of a bumpy ride so far into the seventh day of the new year. My husband, after being on vacation for the previous week and me not being able to work as much as I'd like, is finally back to work, but not before tearing a ligament in his ankle. He slipped on ice while shoveling snow. Not the way to start the new year.

On the other hand, what's the new year but a continuation of your current life, a date on the calender. What did I expect - fireworks, a clean slate, a sudden explosion of energy?

It's like every other day, week, month. I'm not happy, not sad. It's a state of mind and I am ready to push forward.

It's time to work on my goals for the month - increased inventory and working with a group of like-minded women who are trying to make our businesses succeed. I first met with them on Tuesday night and we have so much in common, despite our varied experiences and small businesses. We are planning an event, "Gardens, Galleries, and Gifts", for June 5 & 6 in Broad Brook. Exciting and a new challenge for me.

So I have (vague) goals (but goals nonetheless) and some opportunities that have popped up, so it's all good!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I am so sorry to hear about your husband's cankle, I mean ankle. I hope he gets better soon. Also thanks for wishing me a happy birthday, and I want to do the same to you even though it is early because I am forgetful and I may not be on line to see your birthday blog post to remind me, so Happy Birthday, and I hope you have a wonderful one.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, PussDaddy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete