Retweet Me

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fishing and Planting But Not Planting Fish

A busy weekend but it is time for relaxing. Matt and I drove up to Royalston, MA for the annual fishing derby Saturday morning at his brother's place.


Here is Matt, proud of catching the first fish and the largest fish. Alas, only three fish were caught, including one that was tossed back for being too small. It was warm at 9 a.m. already but the bugs were awful!

So, lots of family, met my brother-in-law's new girlfriend and, of course, we talked talked talked, Matt and I went around the pond in the canoe, and later we had a cookout and a birthday cake for Christina, who will be 28 on Wednesday (!)

Matt is still up there, getting ready for opening day of turkey but I was attending a surprise 50th birthday party for my friend Kathy. Lots of fun and I got to hang out with my good friend Karen and some former co-workers. I miss them!
This morning it is already warmer. Earlier I went out to get a head start on the garden today.


I decided to try gowing the beans up poles in tepee fashion this year. Last year I put up poles in a zig zag and I was blessed with tons of beans, but they pulled the poles over.

Squash in their cage. This helps support the vines and gives me a little more room, as they grow up, rather than all over the garden.

And finally, the plum tree is in full bloom! The pear trees are getting there but they are slower. I am praying there will not be any more frosts!

No comments:

Post a Comment