Retweet Me

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Prayers

Today my thoughts are with my father-in-law who is having surgery today. Also, I am thinking of Aunt Alice, hoping her pain is gone. I am praying for them.

Yesterday was so warm - almost 60 - that I took Buffy outside. It was very windy, though, and it flattened her wool so that she looked like a prairie dog. She's not used to the outdoors yet and she didn't mind the wind, ran around a bit, but eventually backed into a corner. So we went in.

Today it is snowing a bit.

I started a pair of socks, Cable Rib Socks designed by Erica Alexander, from Interweave Knits, Spring 2005. I LOVE Interweave Knits, et. al.

Also, I began measuring the warp for two runners. I am using 10/2 cotton in natural for the warp. I am going to use the the Blooming Leaf draft from the "bible", A Handweaver's Pattern Book by Marguerite Davison. I have a lovely sage green cotton/linen for the pattern weft, and I'll use the cotton for the supplementary. My arm gets tired from warping, though. I'm trying to work out my muscles at the gym - those muscles on the top of your arms. I don't know what they are called. Anyway, my right arm should be like Popeye's now.

No comments:

Post a Comment